Thursday, September 13, 2012

THURSDAY'S THRIFT...under $20

Hi everyone, I am a little late posting Thursday's Thrift because Kathy, my close friend and follower of this blog, surprised me with a visit last night.  I always love seeing her, we hung out munching on snacks, shootin the shit while splitting a cup of coffee.  I make one cup and split it up between us because it's just enough since neither of us would finish a whole cup anyway.   We were checkin out Instagram and told her she better start posting some pics since I am practically addicted to it.  I love seeing what's important, fun, creative or interesting to people throughout their day. 

I managed to make it to one of my all time favorite thrift stores today.  The church thrift is always packed with goodies but never packed with people.  I find some great, inexpensive things there but the hours are odd so I have to wait until Thursday which is the first day they are open during the week.   I scored this little Pyrex set for $5.00 and the canister/bowl for $2.00.
 


This bowl or canister is made of some type of  lightweight  but heavyduty plastic, sorta like Tupperware and great for keeping food warm.

Seven bucks for everything. No chips or cracks and really clean

I posted this trio of old jugs on Instagram today.  I had the Greybeard Whiskey jug which was thrifted a while ago but the other two are more recent thrift purchases.  I like how they look together.  They cost less than $10.00 bucks for all 3.

This shabby chic chandelier was a steal for $5.00 bucks.  When I brought it home, Rob laughed at it saying that it was ugly.  I sent a photo of it to my interior decorator and she loved it.  I showed Rob her text saying that she loved it and he was in shock.  Then when Kathy came over and saw it, she made sure Rob knew that it was here to stay.  Her influence sealed the deal.  It stays.  Majority rules. 

Everything was under $20.00...
Have a great Friday...I am linking this to Lara's Vintage.  Do drop by her blog and see the great things that she and other bloggers have thrifted.  Link up and show off your thrifted goodies.  dawn xo



9 comments:

Curtise said...

I see who is in charge when it comes to decor in your house, Dawn! Great Pyrex set, and I am really resisting the urge to say nice jugs, darling!
Have a great weekend. xxxx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love the jugs and chandelier! I just made myself laugh as I almost said I love your jugs, hahahaha!! I will be laughing at that for a while at least ;) Those are some great finds, you always get great things :))) I hope your week has been a good one for you petal!! Bring on the weekend ;) Have a good one xox

Kimi said...

The pyrex set reminds me of my grandma! So retro, so cute. Love it!

Asher said...

I really really really really love those jugs! And totally jealous of the pyrex set - I need some!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that chandelier!! It is pretty fabulous!!! Thanks for linking up!!! XoXo, Crystal from Billie Jean (co-host)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Dawn, i love your voting system! hahahaha Don't men know they can't win! HaHaHa I love your pyrex set, bowl and chandelier. I got a glimpse of it on Instagram. I love that app too, because that's where you really get to know people. Have a great weekend my friend.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Mother of Beees said...

Such great finds! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursdays!

kathy said...

The pics don't even do the chandelier justice!!! It's ABSOLUTELY GORG!!!!! Rob knows when to give in.. :)
Dawn, you in that dress, LOVE IT!!!! LOVE YOU!!! See you tomorrow!!! XOXO

Thrifted Shift said...

I love those jugs! (I never said that sentence before and I was referring to your pottery, please don't think I'm harassing you!)

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”