Friday, September 14, 2012

A VINTAGE GEM...

Have you ever found a dress or clothing item that just spoke directly to your psyche?  Well, let me tell ya, this dress audibly called my name while I was digging deep through the racks at Goodwill.   The store used to be a total dump and I stopped going there but I have recently given every thrift store a visit looking for a coffee table that has a retro vibe.  I have not found the table but I found this no name, union made, wash and wear, dress for less than $8.00.   This particular Goodwill has greatly improved their inventory and organization....I'm going back for another visit soon.
 
Franco Sarto Shoes/goodwill.
I better dust that globe.  Wow!

This credenza was a pretty recent purchase from Goodwill too.  It was $20.00 and sat in my garage until 2 weeks ago when my husband and I spent days trying to get the house and garage in order We are getting there.  Tomorrow is our huge yard sale.  We are sadly selling our Halloween stuff.   We've decided to stop having the big bash every year and sell most of the things that I can bear to part with.  I can still party and decorate but just not with so many decorations.


 

Have a great weekend darling readers, I am off but will be busy with the sale, we advertised in the paper and on Craig's list.  If you are around, come by and help me...no just kidding, drop in and have a cup of coffee and dig through some bins.  Enjoy!  dawn xo

 

18 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

That is a really pretty dress which looks great on you. Love the shoes.
The credenza is very retro chic and beautifully decorated.
Good luck with your sale.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Really gorgeous, love that :)) You look super stunning!! And your surroundings are wonderful too :) Have a gorgeous weekend petal xox

silvergirl said...

you look very mary tyler moore!
brett

Anonymous said...

I love everything in this photo. The scenery is wonderful. I love your dress a lot too. You look natural in it. I think it found YOU.

Gracey the Giant said...

That dress is amazing and absolutely perfect for you. And I adore your credenza too. We just HAVE to thrift together sometime!

Teddi said...

that dress with the painting, your hair, make-up, & shoes is radiant! best wishes on the craigslist. :)

The Funky Junkie said...

That credenza was 20 bucks?! That is AMAZING! I just actually squealed a little bit and turned the computer around to show Ian. You look straight out of a vintage catalog. That dress was a great find--I almost feel like now that shopping at thrift stores is 'in' Goodwill has really stepped up their game. The one in my hometown used to be a dump too, but last time I was there it was amazing and the racks were filled with Talbots, Michael Kors, etc.

Maiken said...

I love those orange, blue and black stripes, especially orange because lately I've been crazy about orange!
and your home seems to be so classy, totally my cup of tea! I noticed the door and it's beautiful.

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Curtise said...

I love the sideboard, how could you have hidden it away in the garage, it's beautiful! And the dress is a beauty, very you, Dawn.
Hope the yard sale goes well. xxx

Asher said...

What a seriously gorgeous dress!! And holy cow! I looove that credenza & what you've done with it! You should definitely be an interior designer :) I'd hire ya!

Jen @ Librarian for Life Style said...

Love love LOVE! You look fantastic, and what a great dress and shoe combo for fall. And that credenza! Be still my heart. <3

Thrifted Shift said...

The dress and shoes look great! It's so great to find something totally perfect at Goodwill! Good luck with the coffee table!

Ally @ Fever Thrift said...

good heavens that credenza is amazing. i've been looking for a mid-mod credenza for a while but i've have no luck- i can't BELIEVE that was only $20 at goodwill!!! that dress is amazing too- i have a few thrift stores i totally avoid for the same reasons.

MILEX said...

aww I am not gonna lie it I tell you I am totally in love now !

Jessie said...

Dawn!

Again I have disappeared from blog world! So sorry, I cant wait to read your older posts and catch up! I love love love this dress... you look so beautiful!

xx
Jessie
www.87life.net
Check out 87Life on Facebook!

two birds said...

i really do wish i lived near you. i would spend so much money at that sale!!! i love this dress, you look gorgeous. and i love the credenza, and the vignette you have going on top!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

very cute dress and i LOVE the shoes! awesome. i'm getting rid of my halloween stuff too. the thrill is gone. lol
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Claire said...

Nice outfit ! C

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”