Monday, August 27, 2012

INSPIRATION MONDAY....and a winner


Jessica Alba...the inspiration

Good Monday morning to you!  Today in Inspiration Monday hosted by Twobirds.  I am so glad that they picked a casual, laid back but hip look for today.  I had some errands to run and wore this outfit around town, although I did switch to some cute flats.  I love inspiration Monday for many reasons but mostly because it enables me to wear things that I would not normally put together.  I have had this ruffled Anthro. top and dusty pink cardi for over a year and have never thought to put them together.   I really like the combo...

So, I am over being embarrassed about falling on my ass at karaoke night.  I am going to edit the video and post it at some point.  By editing, I mean it is way too long to watch and my husband missed my fall because I dropped down and disappeared from his view.  Anyway, I worked all weekend but it was easy and good although I am completely exhausted today and it shows.  I am having a 2nd cup of coffee and maybe a 3rd before bingo tonight. 
  

I hope your weekend was relaxing and slow.  I am looking forward to Labor day which promises that Fall and cooler weather are not too far off.   My husband Rob and I have been having date nights on Thursdays and I will tell ya, it can really add some spice, romance and fun to your marriage or relationship.   I know that people have date nights and we have in the past but I really look forward to those few hours of  carefree time where you get to look cute, explore new places to eat, take rides to nowhere and don't gag, but we even held hands and slow danced.  Would love to hear about and get some ideas for date night from my darling readers if you care to share. 

now on to the winner of Shayla Shines Designs giveaway...is TEDDI OF HONEYBEE LANE.  CONGRATS GIRL.  email me your info. and visit Shayla Shines Designs again to be sure of your choice.  I used random generator for the winner but did not know how to download that little bugger. I took a photo of it just in case anybody is interested in seeing it.  dawn xo

19 comments:

silvergirl said...

i agree, inspiration monday always makes me think about items i might not have put together
cute take on the look
brett

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love this outfit, the cardi is too pretty! You look marvellous :)) Glad your weekend was grand. I like date nights, couples should have them, it helps keeps things going :))) Hope your Monday is wonderful petal!! xox

Shayla said...

I remember when you bought that top - I love this outfit! Very cute and casual. Date nights are a must in this busy day and age - just a day to focus on each other and having fun together. Congrats to your giveaway winner!

Teddi said...

dawn, i like your outfit better than the inspiration. it's so romantic & feminine, and pretty. i won?! :) yes, i'm sure of my choice. i'll send you an email.

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I love this top Dawn! So feminine and cute, but looks great with the jeans for a fun dressed down look! Very nice!

two birds said...

you always look great, dawn! seriously...you wear clothes so well! i love this casual outfit on you. that ruffled top is so pretty. you will even make chinos and sunflower yellow look fabulous! and yes, that house was for sale, but we did get some new neighbors. you are still welcome on the daybed, though!

MaggleBish said...

Supa cute!

Unknown said...

OMG, be still my heart....
I love this soft pink so much. It's so feminine and just....just beautiful. I like it paired with these jeans too.
Ooooh, this is one of my favorites.

Applebypie said...

Love the pink on you - it is very flattering and pretty. x

Unknown said...

OMG super cute! love it bunches..my favorite one from the inspirations. This looks adorable..I love the sweater and the shoes. I would wear it in a min.
Sooo very cute. Good job
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

camille yanair said...

this is one of my favorite outfits you've ever posted!!

kathy said...

LOVE IT!!! ADORABLE!!!

Unknown said...

Aww I love date nights, we had one tonight and just lay in bed watching a comedy (21 Jump Street) and eating chocolate covered strawberries! You look great in ripped jeans, you can pull off anything!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I love your outfit today. YOu look very fresh and pretty too. Those pale colors are wonderful. Very feminine with a little edgy. Perfect!

Jessi said...

I love the soft romantic take you put together! That top and cardigan are perfect together. We wore almost the same pants! Ha.

-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

The Suburb Experiment said...

I like the combo, too. Very pretty.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your blog list! I so appreciate it. Can't wait for your next post, Oh! And to see your 70's looks.

Claire said...

yay for Teddi!!! and how cute do you look! i love that little crochet vest. it's such a pretty color.

http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Hiya petal, saw your comment!! Never worry about catching up with my posts, I know everyone's got a life outside the blog world ;) Hahaha...am happy you like that post and of course you can use any picture you like my petal...am just pleased you wish to use it :)))) xoxoxox

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”