Wednesday, June 27, 2012

INSPIRATION MONDAY on wednesday....


Michelle Trachtenberg....the inspiration

Late to the party but I really did not want to miss Inspiration Monday with Two Birds.  I  like this outfit because it's a laid back look, vintage maxi dress (which means I get to cover my legs) and works with the weather which has been cooler in the mornings (60 degrees).  This morning felt like Fall with crisp air as I was outside in my pj's feeding Harvey, the stray cat, and other various wildlife at 5:30am.    Ok, so when you and your husband decide not to have children, you seriously look for other things to nurture, stray animals, senior citizens, wildlife, your husband, friends, coworkers, family,  anything that moves....I will feed it or want to take it home.  I have been known to throw food out of my car window at squirrels just because I think they are hungry.  I think that everyone is always hungry...I love to feed people and animals.  Plus, I love to eat and have never passed up a sandwich that someone may have been offered. 


This dress is a vintage Leslie Fay from Goodwill/$5.99


Sorry to be so late to the party, I had a friend stop over Monday (unexpectedly) and I had to dye my hair.  I was going to do a shoot right after I dyed my hair but my friend was over longer than I expected which was great but I ran out of time and then Tuesday I felt like someone zapped my energy as I stayed in bed most of the day before I had to work in the evening...don't know what happened to me, I was just completely exhausted like never before.  I think it's from staying up late playing Words with Friends....oooops.  I am working ice cream social tonight for the seniors...I think I might put extra rainbow sprinkles on everyone's ice cream.....just because.  Have a great night and thank you for visiting.  I swear I will be by to visit.  dawn xoxo


10 comments:

Thrifted Shift said...

Yay for extra sprinkles! Actually, lately, I've been crumbling up a sugar cone over the ice cream in a cup... yum! You look great in that dress with and without the denim jacket!
--TS

Anne said...

Hi Dawn! You look fab...love your maxi dress and your hair is amazing!!
~Anne

Unknown said...

love the pic of that skirt!


raspberrykitsch.com

xx

Unknown said...

Aw this such a pretty dress on you! I love!

Sara
http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

We're kindred spirits- my dream would be to have an animal sanctuary so I could feed and take care of them all day! LOVE this maxi dress on you and your hair looks so vibrant- makes me re-consider going red head again!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

I love this dress! And I always say better late than never! Also wish I could feed ALL the animals.

Curtise said...

Gorgeous dress (you knew I'd say that, I can't resist a maxi!) and such beautiful colours on you.
I love that you feed and take care of everyone and everything around you! xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look marvelous!! Love that dress. I hope your week has been fun and relaxing. I've been in la la land this week, quite tired. Thankfully, its now summer holidays here. Icecream is always a good time :))) Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend to come!! Thank you so much for the precious comments, I really appreciate them!! xoxox

Teddi said...

it doesn't matter if your late to the party. people are just happy to see you. i give this outfit an A+! :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

That's a great dress! LOVE how you added the denim to it. Very nice Dawn!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”