Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LOOK WHAT'S INSIDE....

Last week while in the lobby at work, I noticed an Easter sale.  One of the activities associates that works in the residential area(I work in the health care area) goes to GOODWILL and buys a bunch of Easter items to sell  to residents, guests, and employees.  She marks the items up so that the profit goes toward our Fellowship fund which in turn helps residents who have run out of insurance/resources stay in their home to live out their lives there. No resident will be asked to leave due to lack of funds.  This Fellowship fund has financial goals which are met all of the time because people are generous and sales are always taking place. 


Here is my purchase for $2.50.  A ceramic Easter egg made in Japan and vintage.  Look what's inside!!!!

An entire family of chicks and papa rooster each with an egg that I could probably hang on an Easter tree.

They appear to be homemade and that rooster is my favorite...he closed the deal for me. 
Lauren Conrad for Kohl's dress
Thrifted cardi/gap
barefeet...felt good in the sun...

11 comments:

Thrifted Shift said...

Aaack! That is SO cute! I totally want that! What a great find! I think I'm a sucker for cute things with cute things in them...
--TS

Unknown said...

Aw how fun! I love that dress....

Sara
http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

two birds said...

love!!! i would have bought it, too! i love little surprises like this!

silvergirl said...

those little chicks are so cute
brett

Teddi said...

how cute is that? very freaking cute!!! eeek (that's my virtual squeak peep) :)

Meagan said...

What a great idea. And that dress you're wearing-beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
-Meagan
www.brassinpocketblog.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And you look fabulous!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Dawn this breaks the CUTENESS scale girl! I LOVE IT! You lucky chicadee! I love the egg and the chicks. TOO CUTE! You look great girl. I love your outfit.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

my thrifty closet said...

oh wow...what a cute easter eggs with cute chicks inside. And for a good cause! Fabulous buy! And you look lovely in that maxi dress, so feminine and pretty!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Angela said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW. athat is so cute. I would have purchased that to

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Those are so precious, I love it :)))) You look precious too!! xx

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”