Monday, January 30, 2012

INSPIRATION MONDAY...

Taylor Swift...

Hi and welcome to Inspiration Monday where you get to burn 2 of your finger(s) with a flat iron, wear your hat inside out with white tag on top and not know until you are almost finished the shoot, have your new camera freeze up which ended the shoot, forget to bring the remote control with you which is the entire reason for getting the camera, and not know how to set the timer as you call your husband from the dog park in the freezing, windy, weather only to find out that he can't help you.  What the French is going on?  I am afraid to continue with my day...I am now in bed all cozied up until I have to work.  Frig it!  Rant over!

<><>
 Vintage Pendleton Coat/Goodwill $5.99
If you look closely, you can see the tag on top of the hat, ignorance truly is bliss. The dogs had fun! Anyway darlings, it is Monday and I am excited about having the opportunity to play along with the all  inspiring, dynamic duo, sisters Megan and Nora at twobirds blog.  You should play along too.  They post a celebrity inspiration photo earlier in the week to give you plenty of time to plan your outfit for Monday. I am always late or the last one to post so don't follow my lead, I am just saying that YOU have plenty of time...

I am also feeling pretty visible in my vibrant, vintage, thrifted Gucci boots that I scored at Village Thrift a while back for less than 10 bucks, so I am linking up to Patti at Not Dead Yet Style for her Visible Monday post.  Check both links here and here.  Have a great Monday and stay inspired...tonight is Bingo with the seniors.  Big money, big money.  Just kidding, we reward with .35cent coupons  for the candy store in the lobby and cookies.  dawn xoxo 


18 comments:

mispapelicos said...

I love how you mix and clash colours and patterns.
I am you new follower.
Besos fro Spain.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

silvergirl said...

great coat and the bag is fab
the color is gorg!
brett

kait said...

you always have the best thrift finds! I super love your pendleton coat! :) Hope you had a fabulous Monday!!

two birds said...

i adore your colorful outfit. but i am sorry about your day. i hope that snuggling up at home makes you feel better!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Oh I have worn so many tags out and about! I love your look, the Pendleton and the fabulous blue boots too. Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday : >

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I had a tag hanging out the back of a jacket while at dinner with friends. I was so embarrassed!
I bet Taylor wishes she had those blue Gucci boots, I know I do. You look fabulous.

his_girl_friday said...

I love the inspiration blogs!

Unknown said...

Thrifted Gucci boots? Wowza- what a deal- that's something to cheer you up :) Love the slouchy hat and the great jacket and ouch sorry about your fingers!

Anonymous said...

The coat is such an amazing thrift store find. I had to laugh at all the troubles you described...as most style bloggers have been there at one time or another.

Unknown said...

This is a Dawn classic! So colorful and fun. Except for all of the mishaps!!! Hope your week goes better than this shoot!

Unknown said...

Love the blues and greens together. And what great thrift finds with the boots and coat!

my thrifty closet said...

so pretty....I love it. You always have the right outfit, I like your interpretation a lot more than the original! Hope you have a good week!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Collette Osuna said...

I think you look colorful and stylish, despite your obstacles lady!! Sounds like some of my days, foh sho!

Have a great relaxing day Sweets!

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, Décor & Cooking “connect”

A Very Sweet Blog said...

oooh, i've burned my fingers with a flat iron too. not a good feeling. i hate days that just go wrong, wrong, wrong. you just feel like starting over. love your coat dawn.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Kezzie said...

Ahrgh, I'm on a no blogging ban this week but I couldn't resist as your outfit is soooooooo cute! Those boots are sensational!!!! (and the coat, and the hat!!!!!)
Oh and re the tag, if it makes you feel any better, I discovered the beret I have been wearing all day is covered in green highlighter pen, I must have put it in my bag with a pen with the lid left off, so you are not alone in embarassing hat gaffs!
Hope you are having a nice day!
x

Shayla said...

You're too funny - I hate when things fall apart like that but you must GO ON WITH THE SHOW! And it turned out great - especially loving the boots doll! Let's get together soon and be fabulous!

Teddi said...

you + green & blue = fantastic

Unknown said...

Oh, I love how you got the greens in there. You look so cozy and stylish. Sweet!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”