Friday, November 18, 2011

A LITTLE HOLIDAY INN MY CLOSET....new feature






Coach necklace from retail store, gift from my husband at Christmas 3 years ago. 


thrifted velour maxi skirt, sequined cardi, ribbon belt, and faux fur, vintage hat. 


Lipstick by Avon Berry Berry Nice...

Linking this up to Tammy's blog, Silverstyle for this weeks Trending through the decades link up.  Tammy is showing off her bling...check it out and link up next time...www.silverstyle50.blogspot.com
Good Morning, I am up way too early today but my husband woke me up as I was in a deep, dreamy sleep.  "Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, did you leave Blacky out in the garage last night?  Uh, I guess so.  Ooops.  Rob reminded me that it was 30 degrees.  My bad.  Poor thing...he came in ravenous and cold.  He is a big cat with a thick coat and he was in the garage not outside like my stray, Harvey.   These are the things I had to tell myself to feel better about leaving my big fat Blackers in the garage.  
Anyway, yesterday revealed its first signs of Winter with the trees having lost a ton of leaves and that snap in the air which inspired me to do a post that relates to the upcoming holidays.  I thought, what woud I wear to a party if I were suddenly invited?    Do I even have holiday clothing that sparkles?  Turns out, I had more than a  few things that I have not worn that were just screaming "don't go to the thrift store until you wear me".   So I came up with a new feature for this blog through the holidays called "HOLIDAY INN MY CLOSET".   You may have something sparkly lurking in your closet too....go ahead, take a peek...I dare you.  Have a great day and thanks so much for watching my hair tutorial. I know it was way too long.  Dawn xoxo

22 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look stunning, love that hat..been wanting one like that for ages..I will get one some day!! Great new feature, we all need a bit of glitter and sparkle in our lives here and there!! I will find mine ;) Have a great Friday & weekend to come petal! xx

The Dainty Dolls House said...

; ) merci! It's a 70's maxi dress inspired by the 1920's!! I just fit into it..I have more bust than I though, hehe!! xx

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE that sparkly statement necklace....lucky girl!! Ill have to take a peeksie to see what I have, Im thinking not much:(

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

two birds said...

gorgeous! i love this outfit. especially the sequin cardigan. i want one just like it! this is the perfect ensemble for a holiday party. happy friday! have a wonderful weekend.

ShanaEmily said...

Dawn! Thank you so much for the sweet comments!!! I am in love with that hat!!! so making me want one this winter! Love sparkle...I need to start wearing more of mine!!

Shana
ColorBlind
THRIFTERS WANTED LINK UP HERE

Ramona said...

Dawn, You look so chic. Sequin jacket is so gorgeous and I like that You add to this look your vintage fur hat it's sučh a perfect finishing touch. Your husband has a great taste the necklace is wonderful.
Happy weekend!

xoxo Ra

skippysays said...

That necklace is so pretty! And you look amazing in that color blue!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos! i love the autumn lighting

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Unknown said...

You look absolutely stunning-that fab hat, the sequin jacket, the gorgeous necklace-wow what a perfect holiday outfit! I just listened to your videos (I'm also a fan of your hair) and your accent is great-I always love hearing other people's voices!

Teddi said...

what a pretty outfit on a pretty woman named dawn! excellent accessories. it takes a special person to work in your career. :)

Shayla said...

You look very festive indeed! The backyard looks so peaceful. Such a nice back drop to your HOLIDAY outfit!

Unknown said...

Spectacular as always! I give you extra credit for the attitude!
My poor husband wouldn't know a coach store if it bit him in the butt....
I guess I wouldn't either.
The necklace is more than beautiful and thank you so much for participating.

my thrifty closet said...

I like the feature idea. You look beautiful, well,,there's not a time you don't. Your pictures look bigger and more fabulous now. The necklace and sequined cardi looks absolutely lovely. Have a great wEekend!

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Gracey the Giant said...

Wow. You look absolutely amazing. That hat is to die for!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

LMAO that you left the cat outside! HAHAHAHA Dawn you are sparkling and shining girl! Love the necklace, jacket and top. That blue is beyond amazing! :D

Suze said...

Dawn, I popped over here from Bikbik and Roro and didn't realize I was looking at the blogowner when I saw this post. You have amazing hair! And I love the hat and sequin. I'm a big fan of red lipstick, too.

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb said...

Love the hat and sparkles, who says you have to save it for parties?! I definitely wear my sparkly accessories on a regular basis, but am now thinking about getting out the posh dresses for everyday... it's all in the styling!

Catherine x
http://www.notdressedaslamb.com

Tanyabell said...

You look GORGEOUS!! I love everything about this look, esp. the hat!!!

Tanyabell said...

You look GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about this look, esp. the hat!!

Neekoh said...

The sparkles and the fur are such a fun daytime addition :) Way to rock it!

XXo,
Neekoh

Eileen said...

The secret to beautiful skin is to stay out of the sun, and wear good makeup. Even when I was a poor college student, walking to work and taking the bus to school, I counted pennies and change to buy lancome makeup. Young girls never think that someday they will be 40 or 50 or 60, and what their skin will look like. There are things we can change as we get older, we can lose weight, tone up, increase our IQ, work on our personality. But, you can't change your skin tone or texture, EVER. Dawn you are living proof that skin is ageless if you take care of it from the beginning. Estee Lauder said, and I paraphrase. Nature give you the skin you have at 20, what you do after that determines the skin you will have at 50! Touche,

lori said...

Dawn, u look great I love what your doing with your blog!!!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”