Sunday, September 18, 2011

THIS = THIS :)

The black birds mean Fall is approaching, they come every year by the hundreds to feed out front and back.  This is a small fraction of how many there actually were.  They all move in unison if they detect the slightest bit of movement perching in the trees for a moment and then returning as quickly as they left.   My cats go crazy watching them and when they poop it sounds like rain is falling...seriously it is a lot of poop.  I don't care though as long as they get a meal  and a drink of water.   I keep the small cups on the plant holder full of food or seeds and the bird bath full of water. The leaves on the window were put up by me because our new windows reflect trees and the birds are flying into it. Hopefully they will see the leaves and avoid the window.  Does anybody else have this happen and if you do, what is your solution to keep them from flying into your windows?    It breaks my heart when they do this.   What simple things about Fall make you smile?  Hope you are having a great Sunday darlings....!!!

9 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

Love this picture of blackbirds. I don't know that I could take hearing all that poop though. I haven't been reading blogs very much the last few weeks but had to come over and find out if your pup was ok. I'm so glad that she is. How very lucky you are. Thank goodness.... Have a great week.

Unknown said...

that many birds in my garden would frighten me. we also have birds flying against our windows, as they go from floor to ceiling and are very big. i have seen black bird shaped stickers on windows to prevent them from flying against them, but your solution with leaves looks nicer.

Lindsey A. Turner said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad to hear that other people care about animals as much as I do!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

two birds said...

mimi and i love to feed the birds and watch them eat. she always points and yells "TWEET TWEET"! a bit too loud and frightens them off. i have never seen that many black birds in one spot, though. it's almost creepy! creepy, but cool.

Jessie said...

Wow! This is too funny! I love birds... As someone already commented something like a blackbird sticker on your window normally works... it looks like a shadow and keeps them from coming too close :)

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

eww...we have a lot of these here all year round. Ours are crows, they are everywhere. We have crow hunters (yes it is a job) who shoot them down because they are just too many.


love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

A lot of birds!! I love all of the leaves..so many great colours!! xx

Shayla said...

Girl, I hope those leaves keep the birds away from the windows! Crazy! I love the Fall - the smell in the air, the colors, my bday and fav holiday Halloween! What's not to love? I love that cape you picked up too but I can't find the comment section on that post but that cape looks brand new and I LOVE it with the fur color - Awesome find! Now, where IS this thrift shop???!!!???

Emilie said...

lol on the poop. i've never seen that many of birds in a flock in people's neighbourhood before!
i love the sound i make when i'm stomping all the colourful dry leaves in fall!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”