Saturday, September 17, 2011

DIY VIGNETTE...spooky!

Look for small bottles in the thrift store.  Scored these from Goodwill for .49 and .79cents.  You may have products around the house that you can dispose of if you can't find bottles at your local thrift.

You can make labels or save time and pick up some already made labels at your local craft store....

Stick labels to bottles turning sideways, add to both sides or  just vertically. Gather things from around the house to create your Halloween Vignette...


The poison label was too large to fit across the bottle horizontally so I turned the bottle on its side for a perfect fit... 

I picked up some hologram stickers and added one to the lantern that Lisa of Fortyish and Fluffy gave to me as a gift.  I love that lantern...I use it everyday.Thanks girl!!

Place on a tray or directly on the table for all to see....add some cobwebs too...BOO!!
Good Saturday Morning darling followers and new darling followers, today I am sharing with you a diy Halloween vignette.  I love this time of year with the beginning of subtle changes in the leaves, and the  crisp cooler air.  Last night we had  2 couples over for a campfire.  I had a pot of chili simmering as they arrived, some picky stuff and smores ready to go.  My husband set up six chairs around the fire and I had warm,  freshly washed  throws /blankets ready for  anybody who was a bit chili.    My 2 girls Bonnie and Lisa of {Fortyish and Fluffy} along with their husbands joined us outside for some relaxation by the fire after we ate some snacks and chili inside.  The weather was perfect for this occasion.  Anyway, earlier in the day I went to Micheal's craft store to pick up some stick on  Halloween labels for the gift that I wanted to give each of my girlz.  Here is what you need:  small old or new glass medicine or product bottles.  Vintage bottles appear spookier for some reason,  probably because they are dirty and weathered.  The shape of the bottle can be important too as to how authentic they appear.  Next you will need labels to add to the different bottles on both sides.  Finally, find spooky things from around the house to make a vignette.  Include some old books and cobwebs too.   Have fun with it!! 

8 comments:

two birds said...

sounds like such a fun fall evening! chili sounds delicious. i love your bottles. such a cool halloween vignette! xo.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I have some of these vintage bottles and I would never have thought of doing something like this with them. What a clever idea! Actually, some of the original bottles probably did contain things that we would consider poisoness today.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

how brilliant! antique anything do tend to be spookier don't they. it's the history I suppose; they make you wonder and guess what they were used for, and who used them. things like apothecary bottles are especially creepy; you wonder if Mr Jones used the poison for the rats in the kitchen, or..

Lindsey A. Turner said...

This is so cool! You are very talented!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

what a great idea! I love the bottles.

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

looove this idea! halloween decor is my favorite! excited to be following your blog :)

anna
www.embracethesunshine.blogspot.com

Emilie said...

the man in the pic is so creepy, my heart jumped a bit when i scrolled down!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”