Monday, September 26, 2011

INSPIRATION MONDAY....ALI LARTER

Today is Inspiration Monday!!  I know, I am excited too.  Two Birds sisters,  Nora and Megan host this fabulous link up on their blog.  You should get in on it here and now.  I did not have anything similar to Ali Larter's outfit except for my high waisted, Levis jeans that I thrifted for less than 5 bucks.  The sheer, floral, cover up is from a vintage dress in my closet.   I do have a few things with sparkle but they just didn't make me feel fabulous.  So I went with a 70's take which is where I am most comfortable. 

New Coach bag c/o my husband.  Now, it is not totally new,  it is an exchange for the one he got me back in May for my birthday.   I do better with Fall colors so I exchanged it.  I had never used the other one which was pink and beautiful but it was bigger than this one and more expensive.  I exchanged it for a Coach wallet and this purse.  Always thrifty, I know.

Ali Larter
I took these photos in my neighbor Beth's yard.  She snapped some of them for me...thank you Beth.  I called her and asked her if I could use her  barn/shed and dilapidated garage.  She moved here less than a year ago and she is in the midst of cleaning up after the guy who lived there before her.  She and I did the yard sale last Saturday. Today she told me that if she ever needed to be entertained, she would call me.   I can be the life of the party but still, I didn't think I was that funny!   Everything thrifted with the exception of my bag.  Have a great day darlings...thank you for dropping by...stay inspired!  Dawn xo

9 comments:

two birds said...

i love that cover up. i think it might be my next search when thrifting!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Cute outfit. I like yours better than Ali's!

Bird Bug Pug said...

i'm loving this outfit on you! perfectly 70's chic but so stylish for today, love your new bag, similar to the newest bag j.crew brag i purchased that i used all fall/winter... gotta switch to my other one for spring! (i don't own anything glittery at all... don't like to be eye catching!)

kathy said...

LOVE the jeans...XOXOX

Tanyabell said...

love the floral cardi

Unknown said...

I like your hobo bag! I'm happy that flares are back in :)


KatiesBliss.com

my thrifty closet said...

beautiful, I like the long floral vest, it's so you. You have a few coach bags, and all look nice and so thrifty. I got one and was so happy until I realized it was a fake. HA!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning..love the cover up, its gorgeous!! I always love your hair :) xoxox

Amanda said...

Saw you over at Two Birds and I just LOVE your sheer cover up - it is so freaking awesome!!! I'm on a mission to find one now, seriously. It would be so cute with dresses too, what other ways have you worn it?

http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”