Friday, September 2, 2011

ABANDONED....

How eerily beautiful is this abandoned building not far from my home.  I have been wanting to take photos there but I was too afraid to go by myself.  I was with my husband who shot these for me on our Friday together.  We were out running some errands and since I had my camera and I am usually dressed, I asked him to drive around back for privacy.  There are some empty plates back there that the stray cats eat from...you know I was looking for them.  No luck.  I think there may be squatters living in this building with such easy access through the broken windows.  I would love to throw a huge haunted Halloween party in there....how cool would that be?  I would want to scare the pants off the guest though.

Today I wore a simple Ann Taylor thrifted skirt, my new snake skin flats and added my vintage shoe clips, a nude shirt that I found on clearance at Marshall's and a vintage necklace that I scored at the flea.   A simple side braid in my hair was just perfect since the humidity is slowly creeping back.  I hope it stays cooler as my hot flashes are getting worse.  Wait until you experience them..it's fun when all of a sudden your body feels like someone lit it on fire and you have to rip your clothes off and and stand in front of the air conditioning unit.  We put a portable unit in our bedroom to amp up the air.  The ceilings are high and it takes a lot of central air to cool the room.  But yeah, I always make my bra the first or second thing that comes off.  I have really come to strongly dislike bras, especially in the summer.  We all have our issues!!!  Don't come to my door without calling first because you may get an eyeful if I answer the door without my bra!!!!  Actually I won't answer the door without one on so if you are going to visit, you better call first or you will be ringing and knocking until I put one on, if I know you.  Here is a post about my bra situation from the past just click here.  Have a great night darlings...Dawn xo

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! It always makes me sad when I see old beautiful houses abandoned. I just want to love them and make them better.
That's what we did with our cabin. It was a sorry site and now just as cute as it can be with flowers and wind chimes and FUN written all over it. Maybe I'll do a post on it someday. Probably in the winter when I am missing the little place and the flowers so badly.
You look great as usual. I do like your shoe purchases from the other day.
Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

making50fabulous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your photos!!! How do you get them so pretty? I'm still learning a lot photography-wise.

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

wow, what a lovely old building! it would be great if you could find out the history of it. and wouldn't it be interesting if there was a figure in the window in your photograph lol.. you look gorgeous as always :)

Mrs.Grinder said...

this is a beauuuuuuuutiful outfit!!! love love love!

Claire said...

love the neutral outfit. the statement necklace is gorgeous with it. and that brick abandoned home is actually really gorgeous and makes for a great background in your photos!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

dawn , maybe the baby momma cat is hanging out in the old abandoned house.........she found a new home.....no ground rules ha ha ha aunt margie

Danielle said...

Lovely outfit, really great photos too! :)

x

http://fandabbydozie.blogspot.com/

bridechic said...

You look fabulous in neutrals! I'm thinking your wonderful backdrop would make a great B&B.

Slauditory said...

I like this outfit and that building is too cool. Your photos have so much flair!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”