Thursday, April 21, 2011

TWIRLING PLEATS....


I found this H&M dress at the Goodwill for  $3.99 a while back.  When I tried it on at home I noticed that someone had cut the bottom clear across to make it a mini dress so it took a backseat in my closet.  Recently,  I found a dry cleaner/tailor who does a great job so I asked him to do a simple hem hoping that I could  still wear it as a dress.  Unfortunately, it is just a wee bit too short for me to wear as a dress so I wore it as a top with skinny jeans.  I thought about pairing it with leggings to give it a different look.  My vintage necklace was found at Goodwill for .99cents and weighs about a pound.  I doubled it to shorten it because it falls about mid thigh if I don't. {Mr T. is jealous}  My clutch was thrifted but I believe it's fromTarget.   I know that I am posting late but I have been to the vet 4 times this week with the pups.  They are both on antibiotics for parasites in their intestines.  It is common for rescue dogs to acquire this but nothing that medicine can't cure.  Hope you are planning something fun this weekend.  lots of love, Dawn xo

11 comments:

Marie Pech said...

WOW!! I am in LOVE with this entire look on you. Holy cow, you seriously look FABULOUS!!! The color is so amazing with your gorgeous hair (by the way, your hair is always rockin!) and you look so fresh and ready to take on the world :) Happy Friday and weekend to you and your new fur family ;)

two birds said...

i love this! it's great as a tunic...would be super cute with a flowy skirt just a tad bit longer underneath...that way you can keep the dress theme going! lovely!

my thrifty closet said...

I love love love your top...the color is gorgeous and it goes so well with the necklace and clutch....well done with the outfit!

Blessed easter weekend!

love-mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Random Rants said...

The green is perfect with the arrival of spring! I don't think I've ever seen your hair straight - I love it, move over Cher! Hope the pups are up for our visit tomorrow!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG Dawn I LOVE this looks! So funny I just bought a top very similar at Topshop this past weekend. It has spaghetti straps and the green is a bit brighter but it's really similar. AND I wore it with skinny jeans on Monday. Great minds, huh? :)

Hope you have a great weekend, sweetie! And hope the pups feel all better soon! xoxo

Anonymous said...

LOVE that "top" and how it flows and especially how wonderful it looks with your beautiful red hair! A good tailor/seamstress is worth his or her weight in gold:-) By the way I your idea for answering my question is great and I'm down with it!

Emilie said...

so prettyy, the colour's amazing too!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

I just discovered your blog and am now following :)
You look gorgeous in this outfit -- and the green complements your lovely hair beautifully!

Mrs.Grinder said...

i think i'm going to have to stop reading your blog, every time i do- i leave with a jealous heart! you look SO good Dawn! your hair & your outfit are both perfect!! you are glowing in these pictures! good luck with the doggies. xox

Mommy Moxie said...

I am in LOVE with that tunic! The color is just divine and the pleats make me swoon! Absolutely perfect outfit!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Outfit is great. The necklace pulls it together.... Your hair looks great straight!! Hope you are well!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”