Monday, March 28, 2011

FLESH TONES....





Today's post was shot in 2 different locations by me. I started out at a local park on the stairs until some creepy guy pulled up and began watching me. I finished up quickly when he got out of his car and approached me asking if I needed a car mat to sit on. What the? A car mat? I guess he thought I was cold(I was freeezing)and offered me a car mat for the shots that I took sitting on the stairs. I quickly told him no thanks and thank God another person pulled up as I cautiously got back in my car and took off like a bat out of hell. Creeper! I know you may be thinking, maybe he was just trying to be nice...but he looked the part and he was scary. Anyway, I headed toward home and stalked my neighbor's yard and shot the last few photos. He has a bunch of old tires that I use to take my shots...don't ask me why. So here it is Monday night and I am posting these late because I had a lot to do today. This skirt is by Oleg Cassini...don't laugh, I got it at the thrift store for $3.99 and I have seen them all over the magazines for a lot more. I love the color and its movement. I think it's my new obsession because it is so versatile. I hope you don't get sick of it because I am going to see how many different ways I can style it. Here is the breakdown of the rest of my outfit...military jacket joyce leslie, pink sweater, belt, clutch all thrifted and my over the knee boots most comfy boots ever are from Tj Maxx...{singing} Get the max for the minimum TJ MAXX!!! Did you sing along? I love having you drop in for a visit...it warms my heart as you know. Update on Mama real soon and photos of the 4 little precious meow meows. Lots of love, Dawnxoxo

6 comments:

Emilie said...

okay, this is one of my favourite! love the romantic hues of neutral paired with a kick ass jacket. loving the contrast so much!

Anonymous said...

Cashmere,
You look adorable....love the mix of leather against the softness of the neutral tones and flowey(sp.) skirt....and eeeewwww about the creepy guy....glad you were paying attention cause ya never know!
miss ya,
cupcake!

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

The soft nude color against the black leather looks great:)

Unknown said...

Love this outfit:) Thanks for taking a look at my blog.

I had almost the same experience last week. It freaked me out really bad so as much as I hate taking pictures in front of people I have been aiming for places where I can make a fast get away. Carrying a huge tripod seems to help as well to give me a little more confidence.

Sincerely,

Julie

oagj.blogspot.com

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

I'm so jealous of your bundled up outfits. The neutral tones look great. Why are there so many peeping toms out there? Trying to creep on our photo shoots! pshhh.

Eileen said...

I love this look feminine and hard at the same time, good colors on you.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”