Sunday, March 20, 2011

ANTHRO TRIPPIN....


Finally the weekend, no specific plans for Saturday but to flit around the house doing random things like take care of Mama who has yet to produce and kittens, organize my things, take some photos of my vintage dress which I will be posting tomorrow morning and play with Timothy Winter. So the day begins with coffee and breakfast with my husband and oh yeah, I better look for my Anthro gift card that my husband had given me on Vday. I know that it was in the pocket of my shorts from last Sunday. I put it there just in case I decided to go to the Anthro. in Phila., while I was over there. I wandered to the basement laundry room looking for the shorts and there they were washed and hanging so nicely to dry. That sweet husband of mine decided to do my wash. WHAT? OMG! NICE GESTURE BUT MY GIFT CARD WAS IN THAT POCKET! I scream....loud for all to hear. Cats are scrambling and my husband yells down, what happened? Since when do you do my wash? You usually just throw it on the floor in the laundry room, I wail! You washed my Anthro gift card(in a not so pleasant tone). There it was, in about 20 pieces. Boy, are my priorities screwed up!! There are people in Japan without homes, food, and loved ones. I instantly felt like a jerk...no I am a jerk. God forgive me for my ungrateful attitude. My husand found the reciept and I called the store and they said that I could redeem the gift card with the receipt. I quickly adjusted my attitude. Thank you Anthro...now if I can just forgive myself for the way I reacted. Have a great Sunday!! Lots of love, Dawn xoxo image via: vi.sualize.us

3 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

The gift card fiasco totally sounds like something that would happen to ME..glad they will honor the receipt...they are an awesome company, and this shows it:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

Mrs.Grinder said...

Dawn! I have been feeling guilty like you did lately. I sent my mom a text about donating to a good charity, meaing my shopping spree today & as I sent that, I thought- she probably thought I meant a Charity for Japan. I'm so lame!! Anyways, just wanted to stop in & say hello- I've been neglecting the blog lately, it will change soon! Can't wait to hear from you again :) xox

Emilie said...

honestly? i would've freaked out too!
and yes honestly, i would've felt guilty...

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”