Sunday, January 30, 2011

STAR OF MY BLOG.....Jenni AKA Cupcake!

Gorgeous Jenni with her cool kid Peyton...dress from Mod Cloth
One of her go to outfits any day of the week....
Hangs above her closet entry....too cute.
Adores her family and friends....
She found this Victor Costa dress at her local thrift...this is red carpet ready!!!
Jenni found out that Victor Costa copied the big name designers in his day....
Stunning dress! Jenni is not interested in how much money people spend but tell her about how much you saved and she is all ears...I love that about her. Can I borrow that?
Organized to perfection.....

Lover of Coach items...especially their handbags....Poppy is what she currently toting.
I love how she pairs boots with dresses that have a feminine touch like a ruffle or pleat ...so adorable....
Her inspiration board is ideal...she posted these Cole Hann Boots on her board and bought them for a fraction of the original price of $500.00. She knows when to buy and how to save...
Here they are in her closet....gorgeous and the color is so versatile...
I know for a fact that she loves mixing stripes with just about anything and does it so well.....
Her very inspirational board....
Her collection of vintage handbags....



To die for hair....
Playfully Punk and Girl next door make for a perfect recipe, Cupcake....


Hello darlings, I am beginning a new feature on my blog called...Star of my Blog. I will be featuring everyday people just like you and me that have something special to share about their lives, passions and fashion!!!! I am still gathering my "Stars" as I refer to them, so it may take me some time to visit their homes and do a photo shoot. I would like to do this as a regular feature so let's see how it goes. TODAY...I am bringing to you a special lady named Jenni AKA Cupcake. She is a long time, close friend, mother to Peyton {love of her life}, Daughter, Sister, Wife to Joe, R.N., savvy business owner, lover of her family and follower of this blog but not a blogger herself. She and I share a passion for thrifting and fashion. She says that I inspire her but she definitely inspires me when it comes to putting outfits together and mixing thrift with newer clothing. I visited her recently and asked if I could shoot her CLOSET...and I mean closet. It has a window in it people and is the size of a bedroom!!! It is something that she is proud of and I can see why. Here are the photos from the shoot... take note that her style is Playfully Punk meets Girl Next Door. Hope you enjoy a peek into Jenni's spare room...I mean closet.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Her closet is amazing, can I just say how jealous I am?? XX!

Random Rants said...

I second shari's comment - that closet is to die for!!! I love it! With a closet like that, even someone like me could be inspired to be fashionable!

Collette Osuna said...

She looks adorable...:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
My 30x30 Remix, Let’s Get it ON! ♥

bestie said...

Great idea! love it. can't wait to read about your next star.

Emilie said...

nice feature! and the fact that you made the effort to actually to go over the house to photograph it is another star!
love love the spare ro..i mean closet, it's like a dream closet!

off topic, thank you so much for your last comment. you have to know that it means so much to me in this so uninspiring moments in my life.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Awh Dawn I LOVE this!!! Fabulous idea for a series and I am so drooling over her closet! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all your kind words about my closet and me:)
And a BIG Thank You to Dawn, my amazing, creative, thoughtful and caring friend and sister I never had....I love you Dawn!
Cupcake

Dawn said...

Right back at ya Jenni...wait until they see your house. You will be a gold star member then. Thanks for letting me kick it off with you...I love you too Jenni! Dawn xo

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”