Sunday, January 30, 2011

GOD GAVE ME A HEART FOR ANIMALS IN NEED......

Albert when he was 5 years old. Below is Timothy who is 4 months old...they look so much alike....this is my most favorite cat face....green eyes, pink nose and white/striped face.
He looks almost identical to my cat Albert who passed 2 years ago...I had him for 16 years and was devastated when his health was failing. God put me in the path of this little guy who is growing and thriving. I feed Timothy's mother EVERYDAY after work in the parking lot where she lives {near my work}. I gave her a warm blanket on Friday and she went right to it. She is feral and is learning to trust me but she only lets me get so close. I love her and in the Spring I plan on capturing her to have her spayed. She is all white with a few patches of black...she gave me a gift {Timothy} so I return the favor by feeding her and looking after her. Timothy represents to me, all of the stray, feral, rescued, abandoned, abused animals if given a chance, can become good pets and bring happiness to your home.....Enjoy the rest of your weekend...Lots of love, Dawn

3 comments:

Emilie said...

a very touching story. should post pic of timothy's mother =) and yes he looks a lot like albert. it must be destiny.

Orchid Grey said...

both of our cats are rescued ferals too, they're the best cats. good for you for continuing to look after the mother, I recommend checking out any Feral Cat Rescue groups that may be in your area, they may provide assistance in the cost of getting her spayed.

Bohemian Redhead said...

Aww that is so great you take care of the mama cat! Our kittens were slightly feral when we first got them but now they are perfectly content and at home with us. We got them from the local cat shelter and they pay for them to get to get fixed so I agree with OG that you should check into the cost getting covered or partially covered at least.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”