Friday, February 15, 2013

WELCOME TO MY PAD...

Hi darling readers, welcome to my pad.  I found this little kitschy rug at goodwill for $2.99.  It still had the original tags on it.  I actually found 2 identical rugs and bought both just in case one gets stained.  ehem...rob!!  Anyway, I've been adding little items to my kitchen to inject a little brightness.  I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day.  Rob and I did our annual "get your taxes done" and split a heart pizza for lunch with a follow up dessert consisting of french cheesecake with coffee which was outstanding. 
I use my vintage cosco step stool all of the time.  It's lightweight and easy to carry into the kitchen when I need it.  Rob would never allow me to keep it where it is...IN THE WAY!!


Finally hung these plastic flower wall plaques that I found at goodwill.  I scooped them up the second I saw them. 


This is my before photo...awww, pups love the old kitchen rug just as much as Timothy...I feel a little bad but I'm always telling them to leave the kitchen anyway.  They trip me up sometimes.

I wore my newly thrifted grandpa sweater by Potomac for Valentines day.  Wow, I look so much better when I stand up straight.   Have a great weekend!!!  dawn xo

12 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Have a wonderful weekend petal, am happy you had a great Valentine's day :) I like the little step in your kitchen, I should find one like that, would save me using the chairs as I'm too short to reach at the top. All your bits & pieces always look wonderful. And so do you...always gorgeous. I hope you enjoy the weekend xox

Unknown said...

What a great Valentine's Day ritual - you get to spend time together and get the taxes out of the way! And the pizza and cheesecake sound awesome.
Great step stool! What taller people call "in the way," shorter folks call "easy to access." :)
You look so cozy in your grandpa sweater - red suits you!

Unknown said...

Dawn, It's good to see your blog again! I'm back from about a year off from blogging and even FB for a while! Blogger lost my blogroll so I'm looking everyone up again. I just started a new blog at ilovemylemonadelife.com. Stop by and see me. I love your vintage kitchen. I just decided I need more color in my house, too. I bought this BRIGHT graphic shower curtain at Dollar General. We'll see how it goes. Debbie (formerly of Thrifty Girl Vintage),

A Very Sweet Blog said...

hey dawn! that is the cutest rug! hahaha i love the message. sounds like a great valentine's day to me. glad you enjoyed it doll.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

The Cranky said...

You look great! What fun pieces in your kitchen; very cheerful.

Danavee said...

FUN!!!!!!!!! That step-stool is great. And I love all the vintage touches you've added to the kitchen!!!

Curtise said...

I think your home is so warm and welcoming and full of interesting things... I'm coming over for coffee!
Love your cosy kitchen, those flower decorations, and of course the doggies.
How are you doing, Dawn? I miss you when you're not around! xxxxx

A Fine Balance said...

I love the welcome to my pad floor mat you have a very chic place. PS I have a giveaway happening right now! hope you'll enter SO Fresh and So Clean Giveaway

Teddi said...

it's so fun to get a pink inside your home. :)

Jessica Cobb said...

That rug is FANTASTIC! What an awesome find!

www.domesticblisssquared.com

Lynn Hasty said...

Ewwww, love it, love it! I am so jealous!! I cannot seem to get anything together, totally like I want it. Could it have anything to do with moving into a MAN'S house and everything had been decorated/arranged by him for years and years and years. Will take years to undo it all. LOL. You look beautiful! I need to get a physical trainer. I have been eating way too much! Poo!!! I love your sweater!

xoxo
Lynn

cjhaab said...

Your kitchen is adorable.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”