Monday, January 28, 2013

INSPIRATION MONDAY...DREW BARRYMORE

Drew Barrymore...the inspiration
 
 
 

Hi Everyone!!  I know a lot of you have been asking about where I've been and if I'm still blogging.  To answer your questions....yes, yes!!!  I'm too much of a ham to not take photos of myself and post them.  I just need to break when it starts to feel like a job.   Plus my face is still healing and now just looks like a big red blemish which the doctor told me today on my follow up visit will dissipate and look less red as it heals.   Yay.   But these are not the only reasons.  I've committed myself to training at the gym.   It takes time from blogging.  Once I'm in my gym clothing, I like to stay that way until I put on my work uniform.  I've had no reason to get dressed UNTIL I saw this outfit that Two Birds posted for INSPIRATION MONDAY.   I changed from my gym clothes to this outfit and back to my work clothing for tonight's Bingo game.   Changing 3 times a day takes so much energy.  I really wanted to try this refreshing look and I'm glad I did.  I love it!!  It's comfy, casual, and just what I needed to motivate me to change, snap photos, and get dressed for work.    I will definitely wear this look again.  Wish I could wear it to work like I was able to before when the only restrictions were no jeans, big earrings or open toe shoes.   It bums me out when I have to put on my 80's, sunflower yellow, pop collar shirt and crappy ole work  pants.  boooo.  Thanks for dropping by and for your sweet concerns.  It means a lot.  dawn xo
 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you tried that combination too! The colors in the top and just the right tones/values for the dress. Looks really adorable and casual. It sure looks cold out there though!

two birds said...

this outfit was meant for you! i love it!!! and i'm so happy to see you back here. i have missed that beautiful face!

Curtise said...

I hope you weren't going to throw that snowball at me, Dawn... You were, naughty girl!
I love a maxi (really?!) so I like this look, but I think you have improved it by knotting the shirt, to make it look a little more fitted on top. Beautiful soft colours, they work so well with your hair.
I do miss your regular posts, but hey, sometimes other stuff in life has to come before blogging. Hope you are doing well at the gym, glad to know your scar is healing, and I always look forward to hearing/seeing what you have been doing/wearing. No pressure - just post when you can! xxxxx

Gracey the Giant said...

I'm so happy to see you. And this Inspiration Monday was made for you; I knew you'd nail it. You look great!

Unknown said...

Gym training- woot woot, welcome to my addiction :) I hope you're loving it, the endorphins released are wonderful! I really like this look on you so much better than on Drew, I think the hat is the cherry on the cake!

silvergirl said...

You did a much better job with this challenge than I did
I like your look better than Drew's.
Hope your face heals quickly and good luck with the personal trainer!
Brett

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Great way to make a maxi dress more wearable and casual for the cool weather!

Olga Rani said...

I like this look and honestly, much better that that of Drew's.

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Glad to see you back Dawn! And I love this look on you!!

Teddi said...

dear lovely dawn, wearing your sweet maxi dress with plaid shirt, and darling hat. i never thought about you having to change your clothes so much now that you have to wear a work uniform. hooray for going to the gym! i agree that blogging shouldn't feel like work, especially if you aren't getting paid. ;)

Lynn Hasty said...

Ahh, Dawn, I love that long dress! Pretty pretty pretty! It was fun to catch up on your blog! Sorry I have been MIA. I guess I am not the only one overly busy! My daughter had two moles removed from her back yesterday. I am glad you are feeling better, and WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE who ask what things are, i.e., what is that on your face? Duh. Some people. Oh well. You are beautiful. I love your retro living room redo! Love it!! And the red and black jacket over the gray! Just lovely! I hope your 2013 is glorious!

xoxo
Lynn

Kezzie said...

Oooh, yours is a gorgeous rendition of the look- love the lilac hues! Glad you are ok and still blogging! I always think how lucky I am to be able to get way with what I wear to work- lots of teachers have to be way smarter than I!

camille yanair said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. you nailed it :)

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that I miss you my friend. Glad to see you, and that you are doing well. I must say I hated this inspiration choice myself. I love Drew B. but I felt like this was one of her worst put togethers. However, I like your version, it has a romantic comfy vibe and I like it on you. You are always gorgeous do not ever worry about your face.
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”