Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WHEN IT RAINS....

Thrifted vintage striped skirt/goodwill $3.99
Thrifed red leather belt/goodwill .99cents
Thrifted polka dot knit top/$3.99 goodwill
Gifted necklace/friend and follower, Jenni!

My new Grasshopper thrifted shoes/goodwill $4.99

I have been collecting buoys for the side of my shed.  I have 5 so far.  I am picky about their look.


Hello, today was raining and cloudy so I spent some time on Pinterest before going to work.  I needed to spark a little inspiration for this shoot.  I noticed a lot of photos of polka dots and stripes mixed together.  This is the shoot that transpired from obsessing looking and pinning.  I also got a taker for Google Words with Friends from yesterday's post.  She is kicking my butt all over the place but I won't mention any names...Gracey from Fashion For Giants, ooops.  She is so good.  She just sent me a word that was around 64 points.  I feel like a loser already and the game has just begun.   Anyway, thank you for dropping in, it's always so nice to know that you visit.  Off to work.  Tonight is game night...note to self:  Be careful when serving a snack while playing a game with the seniors, sometimes the dice may end up in the wrong place and the candy gets rolled on the table...just sayin. dawn

15 comments:

The Funky Junkie said...

Oh my goodness....LOVE this outfit!! You look fantastic! We should totally play words with friends sometime. :)

Teddi said...

dawn, i'm admiring your hair! you did hit the good hair genetic jackpot, just saying. what fun summer nautical inspired. the pattern mix of the dots with stripes is so subtle i didn't notice, until you pointed it out. the dots on your blouse remind me of dice too. hope you have fun at work! :)

two birds said...

I LOVE the polka dots and stripes together! You look adorable. And your new to you shoes are super amazing. So cute! Have a good night. :)

Unknown said...

I like how you had fun with your outfit. I like the fun color scheme, and the mix of prints.
Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

LoriLynn said...

I looooves this combo and you look stunning! Also, your hair, I don't think I'll ever get over how amazing it is!
XO Lori
Wanna Win a Gorgeous handmade necklace from Penguin Palace?!
You should prolly enter the giveaway on my blog right now...just sayin yo!
http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com/2012/06/penguin-palace-giveaway.html

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

Polka dots and stripes are two of my favorites to mix and you did it very well! This is a fun and summery outfit!

I'm horrible at Words with Friends, I stopped playing for the most part!

Curtise said...

Ooh, dotty/stripey nautical! Lovely! And Dawn, you look so slim! xxx

Unknown said...

This is a really pretty outfit- I love the pattern mixing and your shed is the perfect backdrop. The buoys are so whimsical- remind me of the small fishing village where my family has a cottage!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Fabulous outfit! The shirt is so cute! Really lovely photos, too :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look super precious!! I love polka dots :)) xoxo

Unknown said...

Um this outfit is so adorable and stylish. I love it! Pinterest is where its at!

Sara
http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

two birds said...

i have to tell you that i laughed at your comment today. the original title of my post was "federal crime"...and then i realized that it came via UPS, so i don't think we broke any laws. =) have a great day!!

Emilie said...

lol on the game, love the dotted top! never seen one with nice blueish greenish colour like that!

Gracey the Giant said...

You need to write an update about Words With Friends and tell everyone how much better you've gotten!

Also, I love those shoes very much. And the fact that you collect buoys. That is so awesome.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

LMAOOO! Ask and you shall receive Dawn! That's why I don't play any of those games. LOVE the dots and stripe combination. You look so cute!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”