Thursday, February 9, 2012

THURSDAY'S THRIFT...eye candy link up...

 
Hello darling readers and new darling readers.  So nice of you to drop by and see what fabulous things I am up to lately.  I found this skirt at Goodwill for $3.99.  I have had it in my closet for some time but did not know what to pair with it.  After having cleaned my closet, it was more clear to me, that this vintage cashmere sweater was the best match for it. Also found at Goodwill $3.99.  I feel like a Parcheesi board but I love the bold colors and pattern in this skirt.  It has no name on the label but made in Korea is clearly stated.


I traveled to Philadelphia today for a dental appointment and stopped on the way home to feed the stray cats in the parking lot near where I used to work and where Timothy Winter was born and rescued.  The dentist gave me a clean bill of health having cleaned my teeth as he poked and prodded a bit.  The hygienist told me that I am doing a great job at home, taking good care of my teeth.  I was so happy to hear this as we both agreed it was due to the spin brush that I have been using for the past few years.  She said that ever since people have been using spin/battery operated toothbrushes that there has been great improvement in the cleanliness of people's mouths and that their teeth are not as stained from coffee, nicotine and red wineSo I am suggesting to you now, go to Walmart or the drug store and invest in a spin, battery operated toothbrush...it is worth the money.  Your teeth are worth the money.  That is right, we fashion bloggers cover everything from fashion to hygiene. 


I am linking this post to Shayla/Lisa's blog, Fortyish and Fluffy.  She is starting an Eye Candy link where we get to post anything that inspired us during our week and that we consider to be eye candy.  So hop on over and link up.   Now I am not saying that I am eye candy but I am linking this skirt to the post as eye candy.  Tammy at Silver Style is also having a link up for Trending Through the Decades featuring stripes.  If you look closely at my skirt, is has stripes, so it qualifies. 

Have a great weekend darlings, I have to work but it's ok because I get to do yoga with the seniors and make sure they attend Sunday service.  I am linking this post to Anna of In Honor of Design.  She is hosting a link up called The True Beauty Files.  Hop on over and visit.   Have a great one!!  Dawn xo

17 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

You are eye candy for sure, Dawn - I adore that skirt, and those awesome boots. Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Sweetie, that whole comment about the followers was actually a joke back to our conversation!!!! You know I really don't care and just so much appreciate the 69 or oh yes now 71 followers..what I really care about is the support we give each other...
Check out my new non fashion post.
This is going to be a tough one my little sister chick!!!!

Unknown said...

Love this brightly and beautifully colored outfit.
Pretty braid too.
Congrats on the glowing report for your teeth. :)

two birds said...

What a fun, bright and happy skirt! You look beautiful. Eye candy, for sure! Have a wonderful weekend, Dawn!

Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

That is a really neat skirt, I have a friend who is an artist and I think she'd totally dig something like that!!

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

I just love how bright and lovely you look here! Great booties.

XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Just adore that skirt!! It's wonderful..love the shape and colours!! You teamed it perfectly!! Am happy to hear your dentist appointment went well!! Hope you have a great weekend xx

Bonnie said...

Your skirt is INSANE BALLS. I am loving the geometric pattern and the crazy colors.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Unknown said...

You may not saying you're eye candy but I'm saying it! That skirt is phenomenal- wowza how cool is that outfit! Hmmm spinbrush eh? I always gasp at the price but might be worth it if some of the surface stains are removed more easily!

MaggleBish said...

Gosh darnit! I love this skirt! If you're ever over it, I'll take it, thank you!

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Gorgeous skirt Dawn!!! Now that is colorblocking at it's best! Ewww, don't say dentist. I was a bad girl last year and a popcorn kernel did me in. LOL Had to get a crown and not a princessy one either. LOL Have a great weekend! Will invest in a great spin brush!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Pinecone Stew said...

Have a SUPER weekend, Dawn!

Laura said...

those boots are amazing! xo
cupsofteaandbeautybits.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

your skirt looks like a pop art or is it an abstract painting, i've seen in a museum. the cashmere sweater a great choice. spin brush, eh?

my thrifty closet said...

what an awesome outfit! If you already look gorgeous on this tiny little screen of mine, I cannot imagine you blown up to life size proportion.

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Yay for a good report from the dentist!!
I might need to invest in one of those toothbrushes now ;)

Love the boldness of this entire outfit!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Dawn,
This skirt is brilliant! I can't believe you found it for 4$! What a find! I think the fur throw is the perfect touch to tie everything together. So creative.
Thanks for linking up. Always love seeing what you come up with!
Anna

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”