Thursday, January 19, 2012

THURSDAY'S THRIFT...vintage sherbet


Hello darling readers, remember when I said that I was going to wear more vintage clothing as one of my New Year's Resolutions?  Well, in trying to stick to my own promises, I am wearing this vintage dress by Sherbet!!!  I love this dress.  I found it at Goodwill for $5.99.  I love its sheer, flowy, lightweight material and roomy size that allows for draping.   I added a punch of color with my tights picking up one of the many sherbet colors in this dress.  Believe me, I know sherbet!  I serve Rainbow sherbet to the seniors once a month during their ice cream social and I currently have sherbet in my freezer even though it is freezing outside.
I am wearing my newer boots from Macy's by Inc.  These boots go with everything and are not too bad in the comfort department...

This BOHO Jessica Simpson hat was snagged at Marshall's quite sometime ago but it still pairs well with a lot of my vintage 60's and 70's dresses..
   
My vintage Carlisle suede belt was also found at Goodwill for .99cents.  It has great gold hardware in the front but fastens in the back...it is one of my favorite belts.  I found a blue one in a different style the same day.


I know you can't see my roots in this photo but if I don't dye my hair soon, I will be ombre which I would probably like....
 
Anne Klein Jewelry,  Macy's many years ago.....on sale, of course

 
Have a great day darlings, I am going to hook up with Spunky Chateau for her Thursday's are for Thrifters....stop by and get inspired.  Show off your thrifted finds here!!!  I am wearing this dress all day...off to the thrift, have not been in weeks.  xoxo

20 comments:

Shelby said...

you know how I feel about all things vintage - so I love this! your punch of color in the tights hit the spot! happy thrifting today!!

Kezzie said...

Dawn this is an amazing outfit! I love it! The dress has amazing sleeves and naturally I love the hat!!!

Gracey the Giant said...

Holy smokes, that is a great dress. If you ever get tired of it, please, send it my way. And the styling is just perfect. Love the color of your tights!

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love this look. If you hadn't said the dress was sheer, I would've thought it to be a heavier fabric. It is really pretty.

Jessie said...

Hi Hun! You look awesome... Loveeee the boots and the tights.. I have been buying lots of bright tights lately!

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com
Check out 87Life on Facebook!

silvergirl said...

Love how.you.accessorized this dress
I am getting.cold just thinking.about.ice cream.
brett

Mother in Heels said...

Those boots are awesome! They look so good with the fun colored tights.

Maiken said...

beautiful jewellery, classy belt and once again those fabulous booties (LOVE those!!) - you sure know how to combine great things ;)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

What a great resolution, Dawn - and this dress is a wonderful addition. You look gorgeous in your colorful sherbet!

Teddi said...

the outfit is classic dawn in it's loveliness. i like the unexpected, but happy surprise mulberry color. those boots are special too. :)

Unknown said...

I love everything about this outfit. I guess the hat is my fav. because I just can't pull it off.
Hope you had a great day thrifting

Unknown said...

Oh Dawn vintage is so you- everything just works. That dress is stunning (I would like one please!) and those coloured tights pull the look together perfectly.

Shayla said...

You are so stylishly chic! I love this look for you and the hat makes you look so Hollywood doll. See you soon!

my thrifty closet said...

wow... stunning as usual. I like that dress, I would have bought it in a heartbeat too, only I don't think I can look as stunning. The Sherbet tights are fabulous! Looks great with the boots.

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Collette Osuna said...

Pretty dress!!! Love the Macys boots....I hear ya sister. My hair is screaming for a dye job! lol

A lifestyle blog for you, your home & everywhere in between!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look wonderful, love those boots and dress! I must come and go shopping with you :))) And I am loving this layout, so gorgeous!! I hope you have a great Friday and weekend xox

Unknown said...

MORE vintage clothes in the new year? I can get behind that!! I like how your dress manages to pull together a lot of colours but still look somewhat demure against the dark background. And you asymmetrical belt buckle is a cute detail. And the icy trees in the background?? <3

Tavia Mac said...

A gal after my own heart...rocking the fabulous thrifted dress. That dress is AWESOME. I love how you paired it with the color tights!

You look great and you didn't have to spend much. *swooning*

~Tavia
www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

How gorgeous! I wouldn't have had the first clue how to style that dress but it looks stunning! Thanks for linking up at Thursdays are for Thrifters!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Beautiful dress Dawn. I love your tights and booties with it. ADORE your Anne Klein earrings and necklace. So pretty. I love their jewelry.

http://averysweetblog.com/

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”