Tuesday, November 22, 2011

VINTAGE COAT, SCARF AND KICKEROOS

This no name, vintage, thrifted coat ($5.99) was found last year at Goodwill.  I really like the material although it looks like some type of animal fur with its nubby wool-like material. It is a great layering piece but not real fur.

My vintage faux fur boots are called Kickeroos as indicated on the pink stitched label on the inside.  I found them at Goodwill for less than $5.00,  2 years ago.

Here is a look at the inside of the vintage coat which is fully lined.  The barn cat at the barn party Saturday night could not get enough of this coat...he must have thought it was his/her mama.  Vintage scarf, less than a buck and Calvin Klein wool skirt $3.99.

Have a great Wednesday darlings, I am working tonight.  It's movie night with the Seniors...movie and a snack anyone?  How hard did I laugh when one of the Seniors said "I feel like a hog" after she ate cake and ice cream.  I went into that deep, silent laughter because she usually does not talk much and to hear her blurt that out made me die laughing.... the stories I could tell. 

10 comments:

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Hey Miss Sassy Dawn! HAHAHA I love that coat, hat, those textured tights and kickin' boots. You simply amaze me with the deals you get for these things. You look lovely! Hope all is well.

http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Megan Marie said...

Don't you love finding good pieces at goodwill?! It's the best! Love your kickaroos so much! You're a doll!

Unknown said...

'I feel like a hog' - I'm impressed you kept it together! Did you see my recent senior story? OK, I am loving your boots paired with the richly textured tights. They add a very glamorous touch to your outfit.

Unknown said...

Love how autumny these photos are! Yeah dawn the scarf is huge! Kind of like a scarf/shawl because I think it's a bit bigger than a pashmina size scarf

raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

Xx

Cat said...

Vintage coats are the awesomest (I know that isn't a word but I needed to use it :)) ... what a killer find! You look amazing, Dawn ... right down to those gorgeous tights and booties!

xx Cat

ps. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog ... you totally made my day!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

your coat seems SO warm!!!!!! barn cats like being warm! hehe.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Ahem *whistles* Someone's a looker if I do say so myself..beauty!! Love this look on you and the boots and tights are fabulous, I have a thing for boots/tights..love the things you find!! xox

my thrifty closet said...

love love... so pretty, stylish and elegant. I like the tights and the boots. The fur coat is fabulous!
mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Teddi said...

classic outfit with spunk & sass. i like the feel like a hog resident story.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

This whole outfit works for me but I love the kickeroos.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”