Friday, September 23, 2011

POLKA DOTS AND PLEATS....linking up to SilverStyle


HAPPY FRIDAY DARLINGS...it was pouring outside today so I photographed myself inside.  As much as I wanted to wear this simple and comfortable pleated skirt (Lauren Conrad for Kols) and thrifted polka dot shirt, I had to switch my outfit to meet my longtime friend  in Philadelphia today for lunch and shopping.  We stopped and fed the stray cats first and then headed to Bridget Foy's on South Street for lunch.  We had a great time catching up on things and and reminiscing about old times.

Belt and shoes also thrifted from Goodwill.  I hope you have a great weekend with something fun planned.   I am having a yard sale tomorrow and work on Sunday.  I have to make sure the Seniors get to Sunday Service.  Enjoy and stay inspired!!  I love your comments, they warm my heart!! Check out the link up where I am participating in styles interpretated throughout different decades.  Click to view SilverStyle and join in wearing poka dots...yeah that means you!!!  Follow Tammy, she's funny and fabulous.  xoxo

11 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look precious!! Love the polka dots together with the colour of your skirt..so pretty!! And your piece of furniture is gorgeous too..I had something like that back home and sadly had to leave it behind when I moved overseas, have always looked out for one here, but there is enough antiques here to keep me occupied ;) You look darling, very cute and playful, hehe!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend & your yard sale is great too..wish I could come :) xxx

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

cute! and that hair -- you are a siren X

Bird Bug Pug said...

great outfit, isn't this the polka dot piece you thrifted earlier in the week? so feminine... this outfit is actually in line with a style worn by many asians here in sydney (a compliment) light and airy colors with feminine detail like the pleats and flowers on your shoes

Unknown said...

So, you wore polka dots and didn't link up??????? What's going on chickie?
This is a very nice look on you. Shows off your curves wonderfully!

Love Simone said...

I love this outfit! I think this is one of my favorite color palettes....very soft and feminine. And the pleats! LOVE

xoxo

Karen said...

Ah-mazing outfit, I heart polka dots and ballerina flats, always. I followed your blog, check out mine and perhaps return the favour?

my thrifty closet said...

oh so pretty, there's not a time you don't look pretty here. The top is so anthropologie, love the pleated skirt too. And gorgeous hair, really. Feminine, charming, and demure look.

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is the perfect vintage-y look- you look truly beautiful in these colours and your hair looks amazing! I hope you had a great weekend!

Jess @ Twin Styles said...

I'm in love with your outfit! Every piece of it is too die for and looks stunning on you. I thought I had commented on this one already, but I guess I only thought about what to comment, lol.

Jess. :)

islabell said...

polkadots and pleats?? YAY! my favourite

Emilie said...

i think this is one of my most favorite outfit of yours! the shirt looks perfectly tailored and yes, dots are so in right now.

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”