Monday, September 12, 2011

INSPIRATION MONDAY...Rachel Bilson

Today over at two birds blog sisters Megan and Nora are hosting Inspiration Monday.  I am going to link up later today.  I love their choice: Rachel Bilson.  I think she is adorable and I especially loved when she cut her bangs.  Three years ago I found this photo and was so taken by this style that I immediately made an appointment at the salon bringing this exact photo with me.  Off went my long bangs and a few inches of dry ends.  My friend Bonnie came along with me and got the Rachel cut too.  We went to lunch afterwards and toasted our bangs.  We were like 2 teenagers giddy with our new look. 

Fast forward 2 weeks and the damn paparazzi got wind of my new style just like Rachel's and trailed my husband and I to our champagne brunch and snapped my photo shouting questions like " Dawn, Dawn, how do you like your new look and do you plan  on growing your bangs out?  I was a little pleased that they were so interested in my new look but please, I am on a date with my husband.  Anyway, I am joining two birds today for IM as they have selected the adorable Rachel Bilson so check back later.  Have a great Monday and drop in to see other inspirational outfits resembling Rachel Bilson's here.  I ended up not liking the bangs and brushed them off to the side and grew them out again.  Now I want them again....what is my problem???

5 comments:

KizzyDoll said...

You actually look ever more like your sweet mother (from the picture on the right) with your bangs cut this way..I had mine cut like this a few years ago, I loved them, but the hassle of having to blow them straight (I have curly hair) wore thin on me and I grew them out & then wanted them cut short again, but I have just decided to keep them grown out as they are...precious!! xx

Shayla said...

I like your bangs! You have great hair, it always does what you want it to. Mine has a mind of its own...ugh I just bought those clip in bangs from Jessica Simpson for fun! You could always try them!

a Bug and Bird said...

haha, i love this post and your hair is very similar to rachel's!

hrm... a champagne brunch sounds good but i'm meeting a friend in chinatown... i may have a green tea brunch!

Tammy said...

Nope, don't like the bangs. Love your hair. Somehow I think it fits your personality. But, silly me!

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

Heehee I love this post- sometimes I like to pretend the stalkerazzi is interested in my life too :) I'm the same way with bangs- I think they look great on celebs, so I get them and at the salon they look beautiful but then they fall flat (literally!) But now that I'm growing them out, I want to chop them off again...

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”