Monday, September 12, 2011

INSPIRATION MONDAY...Rachel Bilson

Today over at two birds blog sisters Megan and Nora are hosting Inspiration Monday.  I am going to link up later today.  I love their choice: Rachel Bilson.  I think she is adorable and I especially loved when she cut her bangs.  Three years ago I found this photo and was so taken by this style that I immediately made an appointment at the salon bringing this exact photo with me.  Off went my long bangs and a few inches of dry ends.  My friend Bonnie came along with me and got the Rachel cut too.  We went to lunch afterwards and toasted our bangs.  We were like 2 teenagers giddy with our new look. 

Fast forward 2 weeks and the damn paparazzi got wind of my new style just like Rachel's and trailed my husband and I to our champagne brunch and snapped my photo shouting questions like " Dawn, Dawn, how do you like your new look and do you plan  on growing your bangs out?  I was a little pleased that they were so interested in my new look but please, I am on a date with my husband.  Anyway, I am joining two birds today for IM as they have selected the adorable Rachel Bilson so check back later.  Have a great Monday and drop in to see other inspirational outfits resembling Rachel Bilson's here.  I ended up not liking the bangs and brushed them off to the side and grew them out again.  Now I want them again....what is my problem???

5 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You actually look ever more like your sweet mother (from the picture on the right) with your bangs cut this way..I had mine cut like this a few years ago, I loved them, but the hassle of having to blow them straight (I have curly hair) wore thin on me and I grew them out & then wanted them cut short again, but I have just decided to keep them grown out as they are...precious!! xx

Shayla said...

I like your bangs! You have great hair, it always does what you want it to. Mine has a mind of its own...ugh I just bought those clip in bangs from Jessica Simpson for fun! You could always try them!

Bird Bug Pug said...

haha, i love this post and your hair is very similar to rachel's!

hrm... a champagne brunch sounds good but i'm meeting a friend in chinatown... i may have a green tea brunch!

Unknown said...

Nope, don't like the bangs. Love your hair. Somehow I think it fits your personality. But, silly me!

Unknown said...

Heehee I love this post- sometimes I like to pretend the stalkerazzi is interested in my life too :) I'm the same way with bangs- I think they look great on celebs, so I get them and at the salon they look beautiful but then they fall flat (literally!) But now that I'm growing them out, I want to chop them off again...

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”