Saturday, July 16, 2011

SO LATELY....here's what I have been up to...

 I cleaned my entire garage which took me two days,  man oh man does it look good.  I found this old mantel which was not  painted at the time of purchase.  I bought it at a yard sale for 75bucks.  I have had it for years and recently dug it out of my garage....


I went to home depot and bought this piece of faux brick backing and attached it to the fireplace....my husband put holes in the back so that I could put light and lamp cords through there....stay with me here!

My husband built a base for me. It made it sturdy enough to lean against a wall.  I bought some rolling lighted logs and placed them at the bottom of the base and used this thing for years. 

I painted it using three different colors...remember this is going back about 10 years but I still like the colors...

A little dirty (a lot dirty) when I pulled it from the garage but I used Murphy's oil to clean her up a bit and make her smell good.  Where am I going with this?  Well, I put it on my front porch....I will show you some photos of the theme I used to decorate it when I get a chance to post...I have to get ready for work now.  I am working all weekend but I will stop in to visit you as soon as I can...Have a great day!!! Dawnxoxo

1 comment:

Marie Pech said...

dawn! this is SO cool!!! i love the creativity :) i can imagine you sitting on the porch drinking a hot beverage in front of it!

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”