Friday, May 13, 2011

THE GARDEN GATE...MAXI DRESS


HELLOOOO and what is goin on? I have never been so busy in my entire life but I managed to squeeze in a photo shoot today.  I found this lovely little spot that belonged to a random older gentleman in Voorhees, NJ.   How do I know this you ask?  Abby, his daughter was pulling out of the long winding driveway that belonged to her father and snagged me.   I simply said hi, and  introduced myself.  I explained that I am a fashion blogger just taking a few shots using the green gate as my backdrop.  She said it was fine as long as I did not take photos of the house or her father who had a paint brush in his hand when I introduced myself to him as well.  Whew, got away with that one!!!  Anyway, I would like to wish everyone a great weekend and hope that you are planning something interesting or fun to do.  My dress, cardigan, and belt were thrifted with a total cost of $10.00.  My sandals which you  can't see are from Walmart {(don't judge me you know you shop there too} and my necklace is from Plato's closet.  The bracelet was from a swap with a friend and follower of this blog. My kittens are getting better.  I give all 5 of them a dose of liquid medicine with a syringe right down their throats and practically cry when they run away all pissed off at me for giving them awful tasting meds...it sucks but they have to have it.  I am glad to still have them but they are leaving soon because I am going to Hawaii soon.  It will be a good distraction for me although  I will miss them dearly.  I better go before the waterworks begin...lots of love darlings.  Miss you all.  Dawn xoxoxo  

10 comments:

Sherry said...

I just visited my daughter in Georgia and she took me to Plato's Closet. We scored a couple of great dresses there and the most awesome pair of sunnies with a tiny black bow embellishing one corner! I had no idea there were a bunch of them until I read this post! I see a quick road trip in my future. Love the dress and garden gate - beautiful all the way around! Cheers!

Kat said...

beautiful dres!! you look sooo pretty! :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

my thrifty closet said...

you look awesome...from your hair to the dress and cardigan. $10 only? I'm drooling... Glad to hear your cats are getting better. HAve a great weekend!


love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com/

Marie Pech said...

GORGEOUS!!! really loving this dress on you, and you hair, as always, is stunning! so purdy :) i'm so excited for your trip to hawaii. never been! can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. glad the kitties will grow up strong and healthy due to your selfless care and nurturing ;) take good care dawn!

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Amazing thrift finds, the dress is so romantic and pretty. Looks great on you.
Great background. Glad they let you take the photos.

We have busy weekend filled with kid b-day parties!

Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Claire said...

what a lovely maxi! the color is perfect for you and looks great with your hair. like how you put the belt on it.

poor kittens, sounds kinda like my kids when i give them medicine!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Random Rants said...

You look gorgeous dahling! I think I know where that gate is - very interesting yard! I'm glad your little babies are getting better - we miss you guys. XOXO

Unknown said...

You look so great, this maxi-dress really suits you! Have a nic sunday.

Kerri @ OldLadyChic said...

That is so cool they didn't mind you taking pictures there. It is a great location. Love all the thrifting finds! It is really an accomplishment when your whole outfit costs under 20$!

Emmett Katherine said...

Beautiful maxi dress, it's very spring :)

~Em K

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”