Friday, April 8, 2011

THURSDAY'S THRIFT...FLORAL FIND....

Although I did not get a full length photo of this dress, it falls just below my knees.


Sweet little bow detail on the back...

Hello and welcome to Thursday's Thrift where I like to showcase the fabulous vintage or otherwise fashions and decor that I am fortunate enough to find every week.   This week I scored a vintage, with tags Gay Gibson dress just in time for Spring with its lightweight material and pastel flowers.  The reason for posting these finds every week is to hopefully encourage my darling followers to think thriftily and creatively about your purchases and outfits.  I can afford to shop retail but I choose to shop thrift first and fill in the rest of my wardrobe with newer purchases.  In my many years of thrifting, I have taught people how to thrift by encouraging them to open their minds to allow for recognition of  items that have potential.   It is simply a matter of practice and the key to becoming a good thrifter is to go often.  Often can be once or even 2 times a week if you can find the time.   I go 4 or 5 times a month and have built a good re pore with the employees and have met some other thrifters who usually take the time to say hello as we compare our finds.  I have found some pretty amazing things in my years of doing what I love....thrifting!!!  Have a great Friday and hopefully you have something fun to do this weekend!!!  Lots of Love, Dawn xo

3 comments:

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

I'm having 2 giveaways on my blog right now for shirts from SOL & denim shorts from Runway Dreamz if you'd like to check it out. xx
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Emilie said...

i wish i have the eye and persistence to thrift! always envying what you end up finding, but when i walk into opp shop (which is not often between work, cooking, house cleaning, groceries shopping, gym, etc), i always feel clueless...
well they indeed say practice makes it better i guess

Becky said...

i'm in love with this dress! take a look at my shop...www.playgroundlovevtg.etsy.com :]

www.playgroundlovevintage.blogspot.com

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”