Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SHENANIGAN'S IN THE POCONOS.....

We closed the bar after our 8th consecutive song......so much fun!!!!!
The Vaudeville Hook.......
Close the curtain or get the Vaudeville hook....
HOTSIE TOTSIE TERRY.....
ANNA, ME, KAREN, ALICIA, EILEEN, ROCHELLE....
EILEEN AND ROCHELLE....GREAT FRIENDS, DON'T LET THE INNOCENT LOOK FOOL YOU...
DON'T ASK....we were in awe of this crew singing YMCA!!!
Beautiful sunshine with crisp mountain air........love it!
Our suite at the Blakeslee Inn....I told you it was spacious....
Eileen and long time friend Alicia....
Anna, Rochelle and Karen....shopaholics anonymous...



Another pit stop to say hello......he likes you Eileen...he is looking at you!!!
Location of Molly Maguires Pub and Steakhouse....charming building...

Almost Happy Hour.....



Molly Maguires Pub....
Lunch at Molly Maguires in Jim Thorpe on our way to the Poconos.....
Is that a polar bear....?? Eileen loves all dogs...including Goliath who we met in Jim Thorpe.

My Aunt Eileen's birthday celebration in the Pocono Mountains of Pa., was last weekend. She has invited me to girls weekend in the past but this was my first opportunity to join her along with her besties!!!! We stayed at the Blakeslee Inn as she reserved 2 rooms for 8 women. One of the 2 rooms included the suite which was the size of an apartment featuring an eat-in kitchen, a nice size bedroom and a big fireplace in the spacious living room. We all hung out in the suite mostly so we could celebrate, eat, drink, laugh, take pictures and relax. The thing that really took me by surprise about this particular space was the Murphy bed that was concealed so nicely in the living room. I was totally enamored by the full size bed that slowly emerged from the wall as we pulled it down to set it up. I felt like I was on the set of Laverne and Shirley from back in the day. Laverne slept in a Murphy bed that pulled out from the wall in their small, 1 bedroom apartment. Right then and there I thought, I HAVE TO HAVE ONE for my guest bedroom. So the idea was born and now I am looking into purchasing a Murphy bed so that I can better utilize my guest bedroom that doubles as a studio space. We had a great time in the mountains but remember...what happens in the Poconos, stays in the Poconos. Please be sure to visit my Aunt's blog Three Piece Bikini

No comments:

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”